Saturday, March 14, 2009




Who are you?

I’m told in the scriptures that we will know you by the works of your hand – by creation. So as I look around, I ask –

Are you like the mountains
piercing the sky,
proud and forbidding, where vast Glaciers lie?

Are you like those mountains – untouchably high?

Are you like the valleys
catching the snow,
the keepers of water for life down below?

Are you like the valleys – with life giving flow?

Are you like the river which grows in its quest
seaward and downward
from east and from west?

Are you like the river – never at rest?

Are you like the flower, the grass and the tree
protection and food for the bird and the bee?
Are you like these gifts – a refuge for me?

Oh God of the mountain, the river and glade
Oh God of the raindrops, the sunshine and shade
Oh God of the flowers, the springtime and fall
Oh God of creation – are you like them all

To high to reach
Too deep to Feel
To grand to know
If you are real.


© 2008 Diane Gruchow

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I thought it would be a great place for you to write. I am honered to be the first follower and the first comment. Love ya lots. Go over to my blog and see my Birthday post. The poem was beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Diane! That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete