Monday, March 23, 2009

Catch me, God

This is a poem I wrote quite a few years ago. It describes part of my journey. I pray that, if you have not been caught in God's wonderful arms, that you'll reach out and let him take control.

“Catch me God,” I cry.
See this carousel I’m on.
The nights and the seasons, stampeding, go by.
Dark pains and dark pleasures about me all fly,

and I cry,
“Catch me please, God – before I die.”

“Catch me God,” I cry, as the black in my heart edges in.
My life and my actions increasingly grey -
the good and the perfect are further away,

and I cry
“Catch me!
Please, God – before I die.”

“Catch me God,” I cry,
The carousel mirror cries back at me
It tells of a life full of sin beyond measure -
a self-centered life hurting those I should treasure

and I cry,
“Catch me please God – before I die.”

But I've found that

playing the game of catch-if-you-can
is something our God will not do.
I had to stop running,
reach out,
take His hand.
and listen to Him - then I knew.

That He was there all along seeing my plight.
He answered each time I prayed in the night.
He hurt when I hurt and He said when I cried

“I caught you my child, --
when I died.”


© 2008 Diane Gruchow

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful. The last line says it all. Check out Kyla's BD pictures.

    ReplyDelete