Saturday, March 7, 2020

The Trial - Easter


Dear Friends, this poem may be a bit unsettling to some of us, but I believe with all my heart that when we ignore or deny our Savior, we're no different than the ones that shouted "CRUCIFY!"  

But always remember that He died for each one of them, and Jesus died that we all might be forgiven, even for something like this.


            "What will you have me do with Jesus?" Pontius Pilot asked that day.
"What will you have me do with him?
I find no earthly fault in him.
What would you have me do with Jesus?"

The crowd cried out.
What words they shout.
They wanted blood.
CRUCIFY!
         
 As he washed his hands before the crowd.. Pilot gave an apt reply,  
I wash my hands of this man’s blood.  
I’ll not shed his innocent blood.  
It’s up to you to see him die.  

The crowd cried out.  
What hate they shout.  
They wanted death.  
CRUCIFY!  



And in the courtyard

          "Are you not a friend of Jesus?" the woman at the fire cried.
“Haven't you taught and worked with him?
And in the garden before you ran,     
I saw you as you walking by His side.”  

The man cried out
They heard him shout
"I know him not"?
CRUCIFY!  

   What will you do today with Jesus as now along life's road you trod?
Will you wash your hands of him?
Will you deny your love for him?
Will you ignore the Son of God?  

If we love Him not
If we serve Him not
If we deny His name
CRUCIFY!



No comments:

Post a Comment