Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy New Year

It’s the new year – I hope you all had a nice Christmas, we did for sure.  But this morning I woke up thinking that ..

Even though our world has tried very hard to take Christ out of this season, I expect that not one of us could escape without thinking just even a little bit about the Christ Child, the one who came to earth and was born in a lowly manger.

When I think of the manger, probably a dirty place, probably cold and unpleasant, I’m amazed.

I’m amazed that, as we look at Christmas cards, at the pictures we Christians paint of that tiny baby lying there, they seem so beautiful.  The pictures in our head are the same – when we see Jesus in that stable, He makes it come alive.  He makes it into something more than it was.

And in the same way Christians look at the cross of Jesus as something that has worth, not as something the world sees, but as the means for God to show His mighty love for us.  When we look at the man on the cross He makes it into something more than it was.

God does that for us as well.  When He is in our lives, He makes us more than we ever were.  I pray that will be true for each one of us this year, that we’ll let Him make us more.

Love, Diane


No comments:

Post a Comment