Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's Spring



Lord it's spring

I saw a field one day 
and looked for signs of You.
I saw a fresh green sprout and early morning dew.
And then I saw the can, the box,
and old car part,
and wondered -

when You saw them ruin all Your art,
did You cry for beauty gone
for freshness ruined there?
Because dear God I know 
You keep even flowers in Your care.

Lord, today I saw that field again 
and lingered there so long
to gaze upon the trees and hills and listen to the song
of Your gentle creature of the sky as they greet the morning sun,
and I looked around again to see the damage man had done.

But today there's something different about what's in my sight.
The grass grown green upon the ground is covering the blight.

and

I thought about the blight of sin
and how You died to cleanse all man.
I thought of how that fateful day
You washed man’s guilt and sin away.

Unlike the grass upon the ground, which only covered up the mound
of can and box and old car part, - the things that marred creations art,
You took my life’s dark sin away
and brought a fresh new life today.


Thank you my wonderful Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment