Sunday, December 18, 2011

Room in Your Life for Jesus

Have you ever wondered as Christmas time draws near
about the place where Christ was born,
and about the people there?

Have you ever had a dream or pictured in your mind,
imagining the town, the night, and stable -- would you find
a blissful place of gladness where Bethlehem’s creatures fed,
with people standing awed and quiet around the baby’s bed --
a place where love and tenderness fell gently on the air,
with shepherds bowing down in love with halos in their hair?

I put myself in dreams and thoughts of Bethlehem last night,
and tried to think just how I’d feel at such a wondrous sight.

As I watch from hidden places --
as I strive to be aware --
I see a woman, tired and worn,
her face a mask of care.

I hear her prayers of pleading
that God would see her plight.
I see her husband stop and ask
for shelter in the night.

No room -- the words familiar, how terrible they seem
because I looked at Mary’s face in this my Christmas dream.

No room, I wonder as I wake, are those the words I say
when I fill my life with toys and things and push my God away?

May your Christmas time be blessed with the joy of Jesus birth 
of knowing that He loved so much that He would come to earth.
Remember too the words  “no room.” and never let it be
that you’ve no room for Christ to live
in you eternally.

May you be blessed this Christmas by Christ living in your heart.

Taken from "These My Christmas Dreams"

No comments:

Post a Comment