Tuesday, October 18, 2011

He Abides

Have you ever felt that God was right there with you when you were walking through the hard times?  Did you feel His warmth and care?  Sometimes we only think of Him when we "need" Him, when our hearts are troubled by the cares of our lives.  But sometimes I feel His presence even more in the good times. 

We have had such a beautiful autumn this year.  The golden leaves on the aspen trees, the fresh crisp air and the bright blue sky all seem to cry out "I praise you God."  The religious Jewish people have a tradition of "blessing" or praising God for everything.  When they wake up in the morning they bless Him for the sleep, for the morning, for the ability to wake up.  When they get dressed they bless Him for being the one who clothes the naked.  When they eat they bless Him for His created food and on and on all the day long.


Today I bless God for His love - for loving us so much that He gave His only Son that we might be able to walk with Him through all of our days.

God abides in my life in a marvelous way. 
He is lifting me up
hour by hour
day by day.

He gives me rest when I’m weary and hope when I’m low. 
When I lean on his arm, then His strength He will show. 
I can count on His love and I know He will stay
and gentle my fears
hour by hour
day by day. 

God watches close when I sleep. He’s with me in my play,
from the first blush of morning until light fades away. 
He laughs at my antics and smiles when I please. 
He helps with my working,
and rests when I cease.

God abides in my life in a marvelous way,
lifting me up,
hour by hour,
day by day.

And He’ll abide in your life if you ask Him to stay
lifting you up,
hour by hour,
day by day.

Diane




No comments:

Post a Comment