Monday, August 22, 2011

Morning Song

On this early fragrant morning
with a sweetness in the air
I wake to see the night wind has swept clean the path of care.

As the dew drops crisply sparkle
and the morning dove says “Hi!”
I look up and see God's paintbrush has touched the eastern sky.

A splash of pink awaits my eye,
 along with soft blue gray
and as I watch the colors change I greet a brand new day.


Soft green fur on the mountain
with granite facets aglow.
And the morning wind brings on its breath
rich perfume for those below.

To rise before the dawning and to see the dark sky turn to gold,
and to walk in His new clean morning helps me feel ever close to my Lord.

As I wake on each new tomorrow and I watch as the painting grows clear,
my heart swells with praise in the dawning light, ‘cause I know God, the artist, is here.

How will I fit in that painting? What is the picture you’ll see?
As the Painter stands back and looks at his work,
along with the beauty, there's me. 

The canvas is filled with the work of God’s hands,
the valley,
the sky
and the hill.
And He painted a women and loved her so much
that He freed her to live as she will. 

So the Painter awaits, and looks at his work,
the beauty,
the glory,
the day,
and the woman He made in His image of God, will trod on the canvas her way. 

Will she bring joy or sorrow to the heart of the Painter?

No comments:

Post a Comment