Saturday, June 4, 2011

He's With Us in the Morning

What has your morning brought today? Did God show you His unfailing love?

Maybe you’re like me, and you struggled to get out of bed and moving today. If that’s true, we can find the answer together. After my exercises and breakfast, I sat down and did a little Bible study. Unless I’m working on my class or writing something, my studies aren’t really too in-depth, but today I thought about God giving us sign posts. As I looked that up in my online Bible, I found this verse and it really spoke to me.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.

Psalm 143:8 (NIV)

Isn't that beautiful?  "Let the morning bring me word of your unfialing love,"  What a great way to greet the day.

It’s true that today, my morning didn’t start out with an outbreak of songs of praise. It’s also true that I didn’t feel particularly loved (or lovely.) But when I began to listen to my Father, I was able to rest in His unfailing love and my spirits were lifted. I find that when I listen to Him, look into His Book, I can find the way to live my life joyfully, and where to put the next step.

God loves you with an unfailing love, no matter what you see when you look into the mirror.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment