Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My God is in Control

Dear ones. I wrote this little poem years ago at a time when my darling husband had been fighting for life in intensive care. We had just moved to this town and didn't know anyone. Our children were in another part of the country and at the start of Ron's struggle I wasn't able to contact them. It was just God and me. But He was there with me in the night and I knew it!

Through the tears of despair, and of sorrow,
and care
that were clouding my eyes and my heart,
through the haze of my pain,
or when worry would reign,
a glimmer of hope seems to start.

Because as I look around I see
mountains majesty calling down to me,
and rolling clouds on high waving as they fly.

I hear the thunder clapping hands
at my Lord's command.
And there's lightning flashing bright
bringing heavenly light.
And then I watch the little ants that build
and find my broken heart is filled.

Because all these wonders show
what my old heart should know.
My God is in Control.
© Diane Gruchow 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment